Baroque, Bike and Sea in Southern Sicily 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Individual arrival in Ragusa Ibla, the oldest part of Ragusa. UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2002, Ragusa Ibla is one of the most beautiful towns in Sicily, thanks to its baroque churches and palaces that make it a really charming and unique place. Overnight stay in Ragusa Ibla.
- RAGUSA IBLA - MARINA DI RAGUSA 42 km / +370m (See profile). Bike and road map delivery, route description. Heading towards the coast, the first stop is the elegant Castle of Donnafugata, a sumptuous Neo-Gothic palace on a low hill. Then, you cycle down to the sea passing along the beaches of Punta Secca and Marina di Ragusa. Overnight stay in Marina di Ragusa.
- MARINA DI RAGUSA - MODICA 37 km / +575m (See profile). From Marina di Ragusa you cycle along the coast to the village of Donnalucata, where you can enjoy its small harbor and lungomare. Then, you leave the coast to reach Scicli, with its beautiful Baroque buildings such as the Palazzo Beneventano and the Church of San Bartolomeo. Today’s destination is Modica, another Baroque gem, also famous for its chocolate. Overnight stay in Modica.
- MODICA - ISPICA 46 km / +500m (See profile). Leaving Modica, you cycle through the typical countryside of the area and along Cava d’Ispica, a canyon stacked with ancient troglodyte dwellings, sanctuaries and necropolises. Your destination is Ispica, where you will be astonished by the beauty of the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore and its Loggiato del Sinatra. Overnight stay in Ispica.
- ISPICA - MARZAMEMI 54 km / +245m (See profile). Today you go back to the coast. You cycle along the beaches of Santa Maria del Focallo and the marshes of Pantano Longarini and Pantano Baronello, where you can often observe several species of migratory birds. After passing near the small island of Capo Passero, you reach today’s destination, which is the old and picturesque fishing village of Marzamemi. Overnight stay in Marzamemi.
- MARZAMEMI - NOTO 49 km / +400m (See profile). The main stop today is the Natural Reserve of Vendicari with its beaches and its ‘tonnara’, where the tuna fishing took place. Then, an easy ride will take you to Lido di Noto. Here you have the chance to have a break and enjoy the sandy beaches, before leaving for your destination: Noto, ‘the Capital of Baroque’. Overnight stay in Noto.
- NOTO - SIRACUSA 37 km / +240m (See profile). The final step will take you from Noto to Siracusa, a city among the most noble and elegant from all over the Mediterranean Sea. Full of charm, history and natural landscape, enviable and envied, the city is divided into two different groups: the urban part of the city and Ortigia, the beautiful island of the city, increasingly rich in tourism. In 2005, Syracuse has become part of the Unesco World Heritage. Overnight stay in Siracusa.
- End of services and arrivederci Sicilia!
Not to be missed:
Duomo of San Giorgio, Ragusa Ibla
The castle of Donnafugata
Palazzo Biscari in Siracusa.
The historic centre of Ragusa.
The Cathedral of St. George in Modica.
The Basilica of Santa Maria and The Mother Church of Saint Bartholomew in Ispica.
The Cathedral of St. Nicolò in Noto.
Infos & Costs
Beach of Vendicari
Tour type: Self-guided Tour
Duration: 8 days / 7 nights
Departures: any day in the week all year long.
Participants: Minimum of 2
Level of difficulty: easy / medium - 270 km
Bikes: Road Bike, Hybrid Bike, and E-bike.
Offered Service: Bed and Breakfast
Luggage Transportation: Your luggage will be delivered to your next accomodation every day.
B&B or Economy/ 3*** Hotels
Low Season EUR 850 - Mid-Season EUR 1.000 - High Season EUR 1.250
De Luxe - 4****/5***** Hotels or MASSERIE
Low Season EUR 1.250 - Mid-Season EUR 1.500 - High Season EUR 1.800
EXTRA CHARGE TRAILER: € 60
EXTRA CHARGE E-BIKE: € 150
EXTRA CHARGE ROADBIKE: € 70
LOW SEASON: 08th Jan - 31st May / 23rd Sept - 20th Dec
MID SEASON: 01st Jun-14th Jul / 24th Aug - 22nd Sept
HIGH SEASON: 15th Jul - 23rd Aug / Bank Holidays
Included: Bed & Breakfast service, bike rental, luggage transport service, information material and route description with maps, GPS with the needed tracks.
Not included: Transfers Airport / hotel - Hotel / Airport, Health / Luggage insurance, Tourist taxes, and everything not mentioned as "Included".